Saturday 26 July 2014

A Project Too Far...............?

Maybe?
But, you see, I have this cunning plan. I enjoy a number of hobby activities, painting, modelling and gaming being the main one, I also enjoy filming and editing video, and writing, so the old brain gets working, and here's the end result

La Tierra es Vuestra

For a while I have been threatening to do a full gaming table for my Spanish Civil War collection, and I have steadily collected a stockpile of materials,and imagery to help me on my way, and I had this stupid idea, why not combine all the things I like, and produce a bit of an epic!!
So, the blog will be, for the forseeable future, dedicated to this madcap idea.

So what can you expect? Well, TBH, I have not worked out the whole thing yet, but I know I want to include background information for the conflict, some useful information on uniforms, and equipment, and some handy hints and tips for the gaming, painting and modelling side of things. I am busy writing a modelling article for Wargames Soldiers and Strategy magazine, and over the course of this coming weekend, I will film an intoduction video,and these will get the ball rolling.

It may just be the ramblings of a mad old toy soldier freak, or it may turn into something thats half decent,  I shall give it a go, and see



2 comments:

  1. It sounds intriguing, and we all know you're mad, Nige. ;) Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not? We live in a visual age and there are people who will not read, yet will watch YouTube for hours. Presenting your hobby and your particular area of interest in video form is perhaps the way forward?

    I'll watch them anyway, so good luck with this!

    ReplyDelete