Saturday 28 April 2012

Crooked Dice-Headsets Short Review

I'm always on the lookout for useful seperate heads, that I can use to customize my SCW figures.
Perusing the http://www.steve-dean.co.uk/  forum ( a great place if you are a figure painting fan) I saw some new releases from a company called Crooked Dice Miniatures. Heading over to their website, I was fortunate to find they had an offer on their headsets, so I duly ordered some, hoping that they would fit OK.
Empress Headset top centre, I think the others are a good match sizewise

Well, I have to say, I am dead chuffed with them!! The male heads are perfectly sized to fit the Empress Figures that make up the bulk of my collection. The Female heads are especially welcome, as I can now add to my lady militia collection, although I will have to find some suitably smaller framed bodies to put them on, as the female heads are a fair bit smaller, as they should be really.



I may have to resort to some greenstuff for hats etc!!

Although meant for the 1960's and 1970's , I can thoroughly recommend these headsets as the hairstyling is not too radical, and they will easily pass muster for the 1930's.
Castings are clean, and virtually flash free, needing a minimal clean up to remove mould lines etc. a little bit of work will be required to help make the heads fit on the Empress Bodies, but nothing too taxing if you have done this sort of thing before.

Take advantage of their offer, and order a few sets.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this really interesting link !
    J-B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to add a bit of variety to the Militias. The female heads are smaller, but will work a treat if you can find some smaller female figures. I'm working on an Empress one, and will post a few photos when she's done. I'm going to hunt about for some useable female figures, in the WW2 resistance ranges, and the various Gangsters ranges too.
    The older heads are good, may convert a few officer types so I can have some bareheaded ones knocking about.

    ReplyDelete